so…

as much as i don’t want to make you all feel guilty, because i know it’s not any of your fault, but i just want you to know – because i was up so late last night making those shirts, i slept through my chance to go to the Capitals game tonight. i woke up at 7 and burst into tears because there is an empty seat at the game right now that i have the ticket for.

to those of you who haven’t paid me yet, i’d really like to get paid back for them on tuesday. those shirts cost me a lot more than money, as it turns out.

so i’d really like to get the money back that i spent, since i can’t get this day back, or trade this ticket for saturday’s game.

also, if you have paid me, remind me please, as i didn’t get a chance to write down who did.

4 Responses to “so…”

1. Jen says:

Kristen, I owe you money and will get it to you Tuesday. Sorry it slipped my mind after Kemp….I’m totally brain dead these days.

2. Katie says:

Gah! That sucks! 🙁 But good thing that the Caps are in the playoffs! 🙂
    Thanks for making the shirts, they turned out awesome!! I threw you a $5. See you Tuesday!

-Katie

3. aw, i know i seem awful for writing this since everyone was so happy with them.
    i’m glad you love it! i was so happy with everyone’s reactions.

i’ll make sure to note that you paid.

as for laundry instructions,
    i would not recommend drying the shirt on a high heat. only low or air fluff.
    also, DO NOT, FOR ANY REASON, IRON ANYWHERE NEAR OR ON THE DESIGN OF THIS SHIRT. the paint WILL melt.
    i wouldn’t steam it, either. if you have to iron it, keep the iron TWO FULL INCHES away from the design, and when you iron the back, FIT THE SHIRT OVER THE IRONING BOARD. do not leave the two sides touching when you iron the back. again, it will melt.

some of you have shirts with weird places of ink around the sleeves or collar, because the ink is truly devilish stuff. working with it is like working with glitter – it’s the herpes of arts and crafts. it gets all over everything and never dries or completely comes off. so please, check your shirt thoroughly before ironing any part of it, as there may be spots of ink in weird places. this stuff will melt and RUIN everything it touches. especially the iron.

4. malimcm says:

Wow, Kristen, that really sucks! I’m so sorry to hear that… I hope you can find some solace in the fact that everyone really seemed to love the finished product. I know I love mine! I already paid you today and actually wanted to ask you if there are any special care instructions that go along with them? Or can they just go in with regular laundry?

Sorry again, and thanks again!

-Alison